The new immigrants who come to Canada face a language barrier when attempting to fulfill day to day activities, continue education, find employment or integrate with the mainstream Canadian society. The removal of this language barrier is the objective of Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC).
The LINC classes are designed according to the immigrants’ needs, language ability and promote communication skills. These classes are made up of seven levels ranging from 1-5.
Individual class levels are determined by a LINC assessor at the YMCA assessment centre. Please call YMCA at 416-925-5462 or visit our either location to schedule an appointment for an assesment. Each level of the LINC classes runs for 3 months. These classes are available
at Tesoc in Scarborough and Lansdowne site. This program is funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Canadian citizens, visitors or refugee claimants are NOT eligible for the LINC Program
- Student centered learning
- Taught according to the language ability level
- Focus on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Communication skills development
- Career focused learning
- Computer aided learning
- Technology aided learning
- Education on history,geography,politics and sociology of Canada
- TOEFL exam preparation
- Excellent childcare facilities
- Limited transportation expense coverage
- Language learning related field trips
- Guest speakers
- Familiarize with Canadian heritage